HOPE Volleyball Summerfest
Saturday, July 11, 2015
Volunteer on behalf of the Perley Rideau in support of HOPE SummerFest, July 11 The Perley & Rideau Veterans' Health Centre Foundation is one of the 6 recipient charities selected for the HOPE Volleyball SummerFest and we want to show our support by providing a team of 50 volunteers.
Since its establishment in 1988, the Foundation has raised more than $25 million. Funds have made it possible to construct the original campus buildings in the early 1990s as well as Perley Rideau’s Guest House in 2004-2006. Through the generosity of our donors and the hard work of staff, we have helped to purchase equipment such as baths, lifts, improved the grounds of the 11-acre Village and supported valuable activities such as the Health Centre’s recreation and creative arts programs.
PROGRAMS BENEFITING FROM THE HOPE FUNDING
With the funds raised from the day, the Perley and Rideau Veterans' Health Centre will create one therapeutic courtyard with a permanent gazebo featuring comfortable seating. In support for the Health Centre's horticultural therapy activities, the funds raised will pay for custom-made planters that are wheelchair accessible.
Each recipient charity is responsible for the recruitment, confirmation and management of fifty (50) volunteers to assist throughout the day of the event. The shift times outlined below are tentative and exact shift times will be confirmed in the coming weeks.
Each volunteer will receive:
2. A 2015 HOPE Volleyball SummerFest volunteer shirt
3. Lunch/dinner (depending on shift time)
4. A parking pass for the Canada Post parking lot
5. An invitation to the Volunteer Appreciation party
MANDATORY: Attendance at the orientation session is mandatory on July 8 at Mooney’s Beach (6:30 to 8:30 pm).
Working in a buddy system, the security volunteers (representing the Perley Rideau) will provide a visible security presence and help monitor the event grounds and entrances.
Activities and responsibilities of the security volunteers include:
- Assisting professional security in the enforcement of site regulations (patrol fence lines to prevent participants and spectators from bypassing the gates; assist with crowd
- control in the concert area)
- Reporting safety and security concerns to supervisors/professional security police
- Checking passes at service entrances
- Providing site information and direction and informing attendees of site regulations
Shifts on July 11:
- 7:30 am – 1:30 pm (Day): 25 volunteers
- 1:00 pm – 7:00 pm (Evening): 25 volunteers
If you are interested, please provide the following info to Delphine Haslé at email@example.com:
- Volunteer First & Last name
- Contact number
- Email address (to receive important information and a parking pass)
- Emergency Contact First & Last name
- Emergency Contact number
- Special notes (X wants to work with friend Y, accessible location required, etc.)
- Preferred shift …Day (7:30 am – 1:30 pm) …or Evening (1-7 pm)
- Are you 16 or older? (If under 16, you must have permission from a parent or guardian)
For more info and to apply, please contact Delphine Haslé at 613-526-7170 ext 7177 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.