Impact of Giving
With your support, seniors and Veterans lived life to the fullest at the Perley Rideau in 2018. Thank you!
- THERAPEUTIC RECREATION AND CREATIVE ARTS – Your support helped to provide all residents with a remarkable range of much-appreciated and meaningful activities, from pottery, painting and woodworking, concerts, day trips, and music therapy ($109,607)
BURSARIES and professional development ($10,000).
VOLUNTEER SERVICES– Your generous support also helped to fund our Summer Youth Volunteer program ($4,000)
- Replaced nineteen Hi-Lo beds ($52,591).
- Purchased and installed three new bathtubs ($54,000).
- Purchased commercial-grade kitchen appliances for residents’ units (3 ice and water dispensers $19,040, 1 dishwasher $8,000).
- Purchased seven pressure-relief mattresses to help prevent and heal ulcers ($16,100).
- Purchased four stand-to-sit lifts (31,602).
- Purchased a new portable stage to enhance the concert experience by all residents ($5,000).
- Purchased new window blinds ($12,500) and upgraded the sound system in Lupton Hall ($5,000).
- Purchased a new cross-trainer bike ($5,864)
- Replaced dining-room furniture in one dining room for a more functional and enhanced dining experience ($34,634).
- Purchased four sets of outdoor furniture for resident’s outdoor courtyards, a prime programming space ($20.000).
- Enhancement of the duck pond lookout including a new gazebo ($27,342)
- Purchased new raised flower beds in the Gatineau courtyard ($500)
TUB AND SHOWER ROOM RENOVATION PROJECT
- Updated and improved five of the 20 tub and shower rooms to transform one of the most challenging aspects of long term care into a safe and comfortable experience for both residents and caregivers ($184,000).
ENHANCEMENT OF THE CLINICAL SERVICES
- Constructed a new Inter-professional Care Centre at the Perley Rideau ($400,000).
IN-KIND: wheelchairs, walkers and other equipment, artwork
Your kindness and generosity are sincerely appreciated by all the seniors and Veterans in our care.