Impact of Giving
THE IMPACT OF YOUR GIVING IN 2019
- THERAPEUTIC RECREATION AND CREATIVE ARTS – Your support helped to provide all residents with a remarkable range of much-appreciated and meaningful activities, from pottery, painting and woodworking, concerts, day trips, and music therapy ($110,525).
- BURSARIES and professional development fund ($15,000).
- SUMMER YOUTH VOLUNTEER PROGRAM – Funded the Summer Youth Volunteer program ($4,000).
- Replaced 66 Hi-Lo beds ($131,008).
- Purchased 2 ice and water dispensers for residents’ units ($12,350).
- Purchased 14 blanket warmers to provide the comfort of a warm blanket to seniors and Veterans ($56,845)
- Purchased furniture for 4 lounges, improving accessibility and function to the common areas used every day by residents ($11,595)
- Purchased one stand-to-sit lift ($8,000).
- Improvement of the Patio ($50,000), landscaping improvements for the cafeteria and pub outdoor space. Work will be completed in Spring 2020.
TUB AND SHOWER ROOM RENOVATION PROJECT
- Updated and improved 6 tub and shower rooms to transform one of the most challenging aspects of long term care into a safe and comfortable experience for both residents and caregivers ($203,532).
OTHER PRIORITY NEEDS
- $1,000 to support the Perley Rideau Family and Friends Council
- $900 in support of the Interprofessional Clinical Perley Rideau
- $120,000 towards the establishment of the Centre of Excellence in Frailty Informed Care
IN-KIND: wheelchairs, walkers, other pieces of equipment, and artwork
Because of you, the Perley Rideau is an incredible place.